1. Take in the tunes as the town of Valdese concludes its weekly Valdese Family Friday Nights summer concert series tonight at 7 p.m. The Tim Clark Band will take the stage in the Wells Fargo/town parking lot for a show. Downtown shops will stay open late, there will be a 50/50 raffle, and nearby Myra’s Diner will host its weekly cruise-in at 6 p.m. The concert is free.
2. Enjoy Week 2 of high school football with two local games in the county. Freedom and Draughn will square off for an in-county game in Valdese while Patton hosts R-S Central in nonconference play. East Burke will be nearby also, playing at McDowell. All three games kick off at 7:30 p.m. and tickets cost $6.
3. Feel the rhythm at Brown Mountain Bottleworks this weekend. Michael’s Blues will play a free show there tonight from 7:30-10 p.m. On Saturday, the music will return with the Paul Edeleman Duo from 7:30-10 p.m. Brown Mountain Bottleworks is located at 115 E. Union St. in downtown Morganton.
4. Hear a concert at Catawba Brewing Co. this weekend. Tonight, Tony Eltora will play a free show from 8-11 p.m. On Saturday from 8-11 p.m., Tim Hall and Buffalo Country will play a concert with a $5 cover charge. And on Sunday from 7-10 p.m. Tuatha Dea and After Memphis will perform. Catawba Brewing Co. is located at 212 S. Green St. in downtown Morganton.
5. Celebrate International Play Music on the Porch Day at The Natural Olive and Co. this weekend. The store will host live music all day Saturday, beginning with Strummin’ and Hummin’ from 11 a.m. to noon, followed by The Am Sandwiches from 2-3 p.m., The Michael Hefner Experience from 5-6 p.m., and Rated PG from 7 p.m. to close. The Natural Olive and Co. is located at 111 E. Union St. in downtown Morganton.