1. Continue the TGIF season with Sweet Revenge this weekend. The band will hit the stage on the Historic Burke County Courthouse Square lawn in downtown Morganton at 7 p.m. tonight. Food and drink vendors will open starting at 6 p.m. This week’s event also will feature a story-time and book giveaway by Adventure Bound Books. All TGIF events are rain or shine and are free admission.
2. See the next Valdese Family Friday Nights concert with Darrell Harwood this weekend. The first concert of the summer series will begin tonight at 7 p.m. Concessions will be available and provided by Draughn High School Athletic Boosters. The concert will be held in the Wells Fargo/town parking lot with free admission.
3. Attend a concert at Catawba Brewing Co. this weekend. Tonight, Big Bump and The Stun Gunz will be at the brewery from 8-11 p.m. Music will return to the brewery on Saturday from 8-11 p.m. with Don Hogan and The Classics. Catawba Brewing Co. is located at 212 S. Green St. in downtown Morganton.
4. Start off Saturday with music and fresh produce at the Morganton Farmers Market. The band Reel-Time Lucy will play there that morning from 9-11 a.m. The Morganton Farmers Market is located at 300 Beach St. in downtown Morganton.
5. Attend a concert at Judge’s Riverside BBQ this weekend. The Alligators will play at the restaurant on Saturday at 7 p.m. Judge’s Riverside BBQ is located at 128 Greenlee Ford Road in Morganton.