...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST THURSDAY...
* WHAT...WEST WINDS 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH.
* WHERE...CALDWELL MOUNTAINS, GREATER CALDWELL, BURKE MOUNTAINS,
GREATER BURKE, MCDOWELL MOUNTAINS, EASTERN MCDOWELL, AVERY,
MITCHELL AND YANCEY COUNTIES.
* WHEN...UNTIL 6 AM EST THURSDAY.
* IMPACTS...GUSTY WINDS COULD BLOW AROUND UNSECURED OBJECTS.
TREE LIMBS COULD BE BLOWN DOWN AND A FEW POWER OUTAGES MAY
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...WINDS WILL INCREASE DRAMATICALLY AT THE
HIGH ELEVATIONS BEGINNING AROUND SUNSET. SOME OF THE MOUNTAIN
PEAKS AND RIDGETOPS ABOVE 5000 FEET COULD HAVE A FEW WIND GUSTS
ABOVE 60 MPH. THE STRONGEST WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO OCCUR THIS
EVENING. THE WIND SHOULD BEGIN TO TAPER OFF IN THE PRE-DAWN
USE EXTRA CAUTION WHEN DRIVING, ESPECIALLY IF OPERATING A HIGH
PROFILE VEHICLE. SECURE OUTDOOR OBJECTS.
special reporttop story
GALLERY: Children’s Missions Day at First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church of Morganton held the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship of North Carolina’s Children’s Mission Day on Saturday. Children in attendance were treated to the food, songs and culture of other countries.