1. Take in the tunes as the town of Valdese continues its weekly Valdese Family Friday Nights summer concert series tonight at 7 p.m. Carson Hill will take the stage in the Wells Fargo/town parking lot for a show. Downtown shops will stay open late, there will be a 50/50 raffle, and nearby Myra’s Diner will host its weekly cruise-in at the same time. The concert is free.
2. Enjoy a concert at Brown Mountain Bottleworks this weekend. Tonight, Sorella Jack will play there from 7:30-10 p.m. The music will return on Saturday from 7:30-10 p.m. with Roadside Attraction. Brown Mountain Bottleworks is located at 115 E. Union St. in downtown Morganton.
3. Hear a concert at Catawba Brewing Co. this weekend. The Alligators will perform there from 8-11 p.m. tonight. On Saturday, the brewery will host Sycamore Bones from 8-11 p.m. Catawba Brewing Co. is located at 212 S. Green St. in downtown Morganton.
4. Have a good time at the Ohana Mud Run this weekend. The family-oriented obstacle course and mud run challenge will be held in waves on Saturday beginning at 9 a.m. The course contains 16-team based challenges and lots of mud. The event will be held at the Bennick Compound, located at 5372 Roy McGalliard Ave. in Morganton.
5. Listen to the music at The Nook Homebrew and Tavern this weekend. On Saturday at 8 p.m., The Benson will take the stage for a concert at the tavern. The Nook Homebrew and Tavern is located at 312 N. Sterling St. in downtown Morganton.