1. Enjoy a concert at Appalachian Table this weekend. The new restaurant will host the original works of Americana singer/songwriter Darryl Corley. He will play there this evening from 6-8 p.m. Appalachian Table is located at 520 N. Green St. in Morganton.
2. Honor history as the town of Valdese holds its annual Waldensian Festival this weekend. Along with food, vendors and activities, live music will come tonight from Cassette Rewind (7 p.m.) and Gump Fiction (9 p.m.). Saturday’s lineup consists of Greg Mastin and The Druthers (10 a.m.), The Band 28690 (1:30 p.m.), Chad Triplett and Two-Lane Blacktop (3:30 p.m.) and Gary Lowder and Smokin’ Hot (7 p.m.).
3. Listen to the music at Steele Creek Park and Family Campground this weekend. Chris McGinnis and Mamaw’s Angels will perform there tonight from 7-9 p.m. Steele Creek Park and Family Campground is located at 7081 N.C. Highway 181 in Morganton.
4. Hear a concert at Catawba Brewing Co. this weekend. Don Hogan and The Classics will perform there from 8-11 p.m. tonight. On Saturday, the brewery will host the Zuzu Welsh Band from 8-11 p.m. Catawba Brewing Co. is located at 212 S. Green St. in downtown Morganton.
5. Have a good time at Reece Winery this weekend. The Cat5 Band will play at the winery on Saturday at 9 p.m. Tickets cost $15 at the door or $10 in advance. Reece Winery is located at 116 N. Sterling St. in downtown Morganton.