1. Tip off the weekend with high school basketball conference action. The regular season comes to a close tonight with a couple rivalry games. In the Northwestern Foothills 2A Conference, Patton will visit Draughn in an in-county league showdown. And fresh off clinching both Northwestern 3A/4A Conference titles, the Freedom teams will host longtime foe McDowell tonight in Morganton. Varsity action follows JV play at all sites. Tickets to all games cost $6.
2. Feel the rhythm at Brown Mountain Bottleworks this weekend. Spalding McIntosh will play there tonight from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Brown Mountain Bottleworks is located at 115 E. Union St. in downtown Morganton.
3. Hear a concert at Catawba Brewing Co. this weekend. Tonight from 8-11 p.m., the brewery will be filled by the music of Citizen Mojo. And on Saturday from 8-11 p.m., Gotcha Groove will perform. Catawba Brewing Co. is located at 212 S. Green St. in downtown Morganton.
4. Enjoy the music at The Levee Brewery and Pub this weekend. Tonight, the pub will host a 1980s dance party from 8-11 p.m. And on Saturday, the brewery will be back in action with music by The Harris Brothers from 7-11 p.m. The Levee Brewery and Pub is located at 118 Main St. W. in downtown Valdese.
5. Listen to the tunes at the Old Rock School this weekend. The Bluegrass at The Rock concert series will continue Saturday night at 7:30 p.m. as Nu-Blu returns to the Old Rock School stage, along with Merle Monroe. Tickets cost $25 at the door. The Old Rock School is located at 400 Main St. W. in downtown Valdese.