1. Continue the TGIF season with Grandma’s Medicine. The band will hit the stage on the Historic Burke County Courthouse Square lawn in downtown Morganton at 7 p.m. tonight. Food and drink vendors will open starting at 6 p.m. All TGIF events are rain or shine and are free admission.
2. Enjoy the entertainment at The Grind Café and Coffeehouse this weekend. Tonight, the cafe will play host to The Boomers at 7:30 p.m. with $5 admission. And on Saturday, Rale Micic will play at 7:30 p.m. with $12 admission. The Grind Café and Coffeehouse is located at 136 W. Union St. in downtown Morganton.
3. Attend a concert at Catawba Brewing Co. this weekend. Tonight, The Alligators will play from 8-11 p.m. Music will return to the brewery on Saturday from 8-11 p.m. with TNT. Both events will be free admission. Catawba Brewing Co. is located at 212 S. Green St. in downtown Morganton.
4. Come out to Poetry Night with Adventure Bound Books this weekend. The downtown bookstore will hold its second such event, hosted by The Natural Olive and Co. on Saturday from 5-7:30 p.m. Those want to share their poetry should call Adventure Bound Books owner Angela Shores at 828-475-6955 to get a spot on the list for mic time. The Natural Olive and Co. is located at 111 E. Union St. in downtown Morganton.
5. Feel the rhythm at The Levee Brewery and Pub this weekend. On Saturday at 7 p.m., Butterbeans will play at the pub. The Levee Brewery and Pub is located at 118 Main St. W. in downtown Valdese.