1. Enjoy the 38th annual Historic Morganton Festival as downtown comes to life this weekend. The festival will feature two full days of entertainment across three stages, the KidZone and TeenZone, and many food and craft vendor booths. The Historic Morganton Festival kicks off at midday Friday and runs through Saturday night with local, regional and national musical acts, headlined by country star Rodney Atkins on the City Stage from 8:30-10 p.m. on Saturday night. All concerts are free.
2. See Week 3 of high school football, highlighted locally by Fat Friday. The 46th installment of the longtime rivalry between East Burke and Freedom will kick off at 7:30 p.m. tonight at Patriots Stadium in Morganton. Freedom enters the game seeking its 10th straight win over the Cavaliers. Elsewhere, Patton will travel to McDowell and Draughn will begin Northwestern Foothills 2A Athletic Conference play at Foard.
3. Hear a concert at Catawba Brewing Co. this weekend. Tonight, Grandma’s Medicine will play from 9 p.m. to midnight. On Saturday from 8-11 p.m., Big Bump and The Stun Gunz will play there. Catawba Brewing Co. is located at 212 S. Green St. in downtown Morganton.
4. Listen to the music at Silver Fork Winery this weekend. The winery will host the southern blues rock sounds of Southern Style on Saturday from 2-5 p.m. Silver Fork Winery is located at 5000 Patton Road in Morganton.
5. Feel the rhythm at Judge’s Riverside BBQ this weekend. Red Dirt Revelators will play at the restaurant on Saturday at 7 p.m. Judge’s Riverside BBQ is located at 128 Greenlee Ford Road in Morganton.