mnh_stock_flame.jpg

No injuries were reported after a house fire Monday evening.

Morganton Department of Public Safety was dispatched to a fire at 211 Summit St. and found smoke showing from the home, according to a press release from the department.

Once Engine 3 arrived on scene, firefighters established two hand lines to start suppression operations. A second truck established water supply, the release said.

The fire was found in the kitchen. It was quickly knocked down while crews searched the house for any victims that could have been inside, but none were found, according to the release.

Fire investigators with MDPS are still investigating the fire, but it’s believed to be accidental at this point, the release said. It’s possible that the fire started on a stove in the kitchen.

Damages to the home were estimated to be about $13,000, the release said.

“Morganton Public Safety Fire Division wants to remind everyone to maintain proper clearances around all cooking appliances and never leave a stove unattended while cooking,” the release said.

Personnel from the city’s electric department were called the scene to cut power off to the residence, the release said. Fire crews were on the scene for about an hour and 15 minutes.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.